무료 등록 축구 베팅_프로모션 베팅 정보_제안 1xbet korea 먹튀
Most of the Alliance’s research relates to identifying HIV service needs and examining ways in which services can reach those who are most in need and in the most efficient way.
We do this by synthesizing existing evidence to inform our advocacy and programming, and by conducting epidemiological and intervention research with our Linking Organisations within 39 countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We are also looking to generate more evidence on whether and how the HIV response contributes to various Sustainable Development Goals, in particular: 1. No poverty; 3. Good health and well-being; 5. Gender Education; 10. Reduced Inequalities; and 16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions.
Community Health Research Forum
The Alliance’s Community Health Research Forum brings together Linking Organisations, the Alliance Secretariat and key researchers to strengthen the evidence base around community approaches to health and foster knowledge exchange.
The Alliance’s collaborations with research institutions have played an instrumental role in shaping our programming and advocacy agenda. Our research partners have included the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Oxford University, Makerere University in Uganda, the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences in India, Yale University, and the Population Council.
The Alliance is uniquely positioned to contribute to multi-country studies, community-based research and knowledge exchange through our well-established network of Linking Organisations that are led by community leaders, activists, programme managers, policy specialists and civil society practitioners and advocates.
We are always open to new collaborations with research institutions. We are particularly interested in working with researchers who are committed to community-based research, knowledge exchange and impact.
Selected peer-reviewed publications by the Alliance and our Linking Organisations
- Exposure to gender-based violence and depressive symptoms among transgender women in Cambodia: findings from the National Integrated Biological and Behavioral Survey 2016. Authors: Yi S, Tuot S, Chhim S, Chhoun P, Mun P, Mburu G. Published in International Journal of Mental Health Systems, May 2018.
- Sustainable Survival for adolescents living with HIV: do SDG-aligned provisions reduce potential mortality risk? Authors: Lucie Cluver, Marija Pantelic, Mark Orkin, Elona Toska, Sally Medley and Lorraine Sherr. Published in Journal of the International AIDS Society, February 2018.
- Barriers and facilitators of access to HIV, harm reduction and sexual and reproductive health services by women who inject drugs: role of community-based outreach and drop-in centers. Authors: Sylvia Ayon, James Ndimbii, Fatma Jeneby, Taib Abdulrahman, Onesmus Mlewa, Bangyuan Wang, Allan Ragi and Gitau Mburu. Published in AIDS Care, Volume 30, 2018, issue 4.
- Youth paying for sex: what are the associated factors? Findings from a cross-sectional study in Cambodia. Authors: Soaman Dizechi, Carinne Brody, Sovannary Tuot, Chhorvann Chhea, Vonthanak Saphonn, Kunthearith Yung, Sanh Kim and Siyan Yi. Published in BMC Public Health, 8 January 2018.
- Willingness to use pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention among men who have sex with men in Malaysia: Findings from an online survey. Authors: Sin How Lim, Gitau Mburu, Adam Bourne, Joselyn Pang, Jeffrey A. Wickersham, Clayton Koh Thuan Wei, Ilias Adam Yee, Bangyuan Wang, Matteo Cassolato, Iskandar Azwa. Published in PLOS, September 13, 2017.
Willingness to use pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Malaysia: findings from a qualitative study. Authors: Adam Bourne, Matteo Cassolato, Clayton Koh Thuan Wei, Bangyuan Wang, Joselyn Pang, Sin How Lim, Iskandar Azwa, Ilias Yee, Gitau Mburu. Published in Journal of the International AIDS Society, Vol 20, No 1 (2017).
- Enrolment and retention of people who inject drugs in the Needle & Syringe Exchange Programme in Malaysia. Authors: Chandrasekaran, S.; Kyaw, N. T. T.; Harries, A. D.; Yee, I. A.; Ellan, P.; Kurusamy, T.; Yusoff, N.; Mburu, G.; Mohammad, W. M. Z. W.; Suleiman, A. Published in Public Health Action, Volume 7, Number 2, 21 June 2017, pp. 155-160(6).
- Pregnancy Experiences of Female Sex Workers in Adama City, Ethiopia: Complexity of Partner Relationships and Pregnancy Intentions. Authors: Yam EA, Kidanu A, Burnett-Zieman B, Pilgrim N, Okal J, Bekele A, Gudeta D, Caswell G. Published in Studies in Family Planning. 2017 Jun;48(2):107-119.
- How understanding and application of drug-related legal instruments affects harm reduction interventions in Cambodia: a qualitative study. Authors: Sovannary Tuot, Chanrith Ngin, Khuondyla Pal, Sochenda Sou, Ghazal Sawez, Phylicia Morgan, Mony Srey, Tola Chan, Pheak Chhoun, Olga Golichenko, Sok Chamreun Choub and Siyan Yi. Published in Harm Reduction Journal 2017 14:39.
- Increasing Uptake of HIV, Sexually Transmitted Infection, and Family Planning Services, and Reducing HIV-Related Risk Behaviors Among Youth Living With HIV in Uganda. Authors: Vu L, Burnett-Zieman B, Banura C, Okal J, Elang M, Ampwera R, Caswell G, Amanyire D, Alesi J, Yam E.. Published in Journal of Adolescent Health. 2017 Feb;60(2S2):S22-S28.
- Linking Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and HIV Services for Young People: The Link Up Project. Authors: Stackpool-Moore L, Bajpai D, Caswell G, Crone T, Dewar F, Gray G, Kyendikuwa A, Mellin J, Miller A, Morgan F, Orza L, Stevenson J, Westerhof N, Wong F, Yam E, Zieman B. Published in Journal of Adolescent Health 2017 Feb;60(2S2):S3-S6.
- Leadership and Innovation-Listening to and Learning From Young People in Burundi. Authors: Nininahazwe C, Alesi J, Caswell G, Lumumba M, Mellin J, Ndayizeye NM, Orza L, Rahimi M, Westerhof N. Published in Journal of Adolescent Health 2017 Feb;60(2S2):S7-S9.
- Searching for the Second R in Sexual and Reproductive Health and … Rights. Authors: Orza L, Crone T, Mellin J, Westerhof N, Stackpool-Moore L, Restoy E, Gray G, Stevenson J. Published in Journal of Adolescent Health 2017 Feb;60(2S2):S10-S14.
- Integrated opioid substitution therapy and HIV care: a qualitative systematic review and synthesis of client and provider experiences. Authors: Andy Guise, Maureen Seguin, Gitau Mburu, Susie McLean, Pippa Grenfell, Zahed Islam, Sergii Filippovych, Happy Assan, Andrea Low, Peter Vickerman & Tim Rhodes. Published in Journal of AIDS Care, Pages 1119-1128 | Received 06 Oct 2016, Accepted 06 Feb 2017, Published online: 10 Mar 2017.
- Prevalence and correlates of psychological distress among drug users in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Authors: Yi S, Tuot S, Chhoun P, Pal K, Choub SC, Mburu G. Published in International Journal on Drug Policy. 2016 Oct;36:25-32.
- Retention and mortality outcomes from a community-supported public–private HIV treatment programme in Myanmar. Authors: Gitau Mburu, Aung Zayar Paing, Nwe Ni Myint, Win Di, Kaung Htet Thu, Mala Ram, Christopher J Hoffmann, Bangyuan Wang and Soe Naing. Published in Journal of the International AIDS Society 2016, 19:20926.
- Empowering communities and strengthening systems to improve transgender health: outcomes from the Pehchan programme in India. Authors: Shaikh S, Mburu G, Arumugam V, Mattipalli N, Aher A, Mehta S, Robertson J. Published in Journal of the International AIDS Society. 2016 Jul 17;19(3 Suppl 2):20809.
- Barriers to community-based drug dependence treatment: implications for police roles, collaborations and performance indicators. Authors: Ma Y, Du C, Cai T, Han Q, Yuan H, Luo T, Ren G, Mburu G, Wang B, Golichenko O, Zhang C. Published in Journal of the International AIDS Society. 2016 Jul 18;19(4 Suppl 3):20879.
- Detention of People Lost to Follow-Up on TB Treatment in Kenya: The Need for Human Rights-Based Alternatives Authors: Gitau Mburu, Enrique Restoy, Evaline Kibuchi, Paula Holland, and Anthony D. Harries. Published in Health and Human Rights Journal, TB and the Right to Health, 2016 18(1): 43-54
- Are Text Messages a Feasible and Acceptable Way to Reach Female Entertainment Workers in Cambodia with Health Messages? A Cross-Sectional Phone Survey. A Cross-Sectional Phone Survey. Authors: Carinne Brody, Sukhmani Dhaliwal, Sovannary Tuot, Michael Johnson, Khuondyla Pal, Siyan Yi. Published in: JMIR 2016;4(2):e52) doi:10.2196/mhealth.5297
- Determinants of Inconsistent Condom Use among HIV Serodiscordant Couples in Cambodia. Authors: Sovannary Tuot, Khuondyla Pal, Kouland Thin, Pheak Chhoun, Chanrith Ngin, Mengieng Ung, Kolab Chhim, Chrysanta Patio, Kelly Allbritton, Christie Blondek, Gitau Mburu, and Siyan Yi. Published in: American Journal of Public Health Research, 2016, Vol. 4, No. 2, 69-74. DOI:10.12691/ajphr-4-2-5
Mental health among men who have sex with men in Cambodia: Implications for integration of mental health services within HIV programmes. Authors: Siyan Yi, Sovannary Tuot, Pheak Chhoun, Khuondyla Pal, Sok Chamreun Choub, and Gitau Mburu. Published in: International Journal for Equity in Health (2016) 15:53. DOI 10.1186/s12939-016-0342-8
Impact of blended treatment literacy and psychoeducation on methadone maintenance treatment outcomes in Yunnan, China. Authors: Zhang B, Cai T, Yan Z, Mburu G, Wang B, Yang L. Published in: Harm Reduction Journal. 2016 Feb 26;13(1):8. doi: 10.1186/s12954-016-0097-y.
- HIV risk and psychological distress among female entertainment workers in Cambodia: a cross-sectional study. Authors: Carine Brody, Pheak Chhoun, Sovannary Tout, Khoundyla Pal, and Siyan Yi. Published in: BMC Public Health. 2016. Feb 2. DOI:10.1186/s12889-016-2814-6
- Implementing needle and syringe programmes in Kenya: Changes, opportunities and challenges in HIV prevention. Authors: James Ndimbii, Andy Guise, Sylvia Ayon, Mlewa Kalama, Susie McLean, Tim Rhodes. Published in: African Journal of Drug and Alcohol Studies. 2015, 4(2): 95-103.
- Community based reproductive health interventions for young married couples in resource-constrained settings: a systematic review. Authors: Sarkar A, Chandra-Mouli V, Jain K, Behera J, Mishra SK and Mehra S. BMC Public Health 2015, 15:1037 doi:10.1186/s12889-015-2352-7
- Acceptability of HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Implementation Challenges Among Men Who Have Sex with Men in India: A Qualitative Investigation. Authors: Chakrapani, V., Newman, P. A., Shunmugam, M., Mengle, S., Varghese, J., Nelson, R., & Bharat, S. Published in: AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2015, 29(10): 569-577. doi:10.1089/apc.2015.0143
- Factors associated with sex work among at-risk female youth in Cambodia: A cross sectional study. Authors: Carinne Brody, Sovannary Tuot, Chhorvann Chhea, Vonthanak Saphonn & Siyan Yi. Published in: AIDS Care: Psychological and Socio-medical Aspects of AIDS/HIV. 19th October 2015
- The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria's investments in harm reduction through the rounds-based funding model (2002–2014). Authors: Bridge, J, Hunter, B, Cook, C, Guarinieri, Lazarus, J. MacAllister, J, McLean, S, and Wolfe, D. Published in: The International Journal of Drug Policy. 2015 Aug 001:1-6. [In press corrected proof]
- Navigating the poverty of heroin addiction treatment and recovery opportunity in Kenya: Access work, self-care and rationed expectations. Authors: Rhodes T, Ndimbii J, Guise A, Cullen L, Ayon S. Published in: Global Public Health. 2015 Jun 19:1-14. [Epub ahead of print]
- AIDS-related stigma and mental disorders among people living with HIV: a cross-sectional study in Cambodia. Authors: Yi S, Chhoun P, Suong S, Thin K, Brody C, Tuot S. Published in: PLoS One. 2015 Mar 25;10(3):e0121461.
- Is the promise of methadone Kenya's solution to managing HIV and addiction? A mixed-method mathematical modelling and qualitative study. Authors: Rhodes T, Guise A., Ndimbii J., Strathdee S., Ngugi E., Platt L., Kurth A., Cleland C., Vickerman P. Published in: BMJ Open 2015;5:e007198 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-00719
- Improving Education Opportunity, Health, and Quality of Life of Orphans and Vulnerable Children: The Sustainable Action against HIV and AIDS in Communities (SAHACOM). Authors: Siyan Yi, Pheak Chhoun, Samantha Brant, Kelley Kita, Sovannary Tuot. Published in: International Journal of Tropical Disease & Health, 2015; 5(1): 37-47.
- ‘Deep down in their heart, they wish they could be given some incentives’: a qualitative study on the changing roles and relations of care among home-based caregivers in Zambia. Authors: Fabian Cataldo, Karina Kielmann, Tara Kielmann, Gitau Mburu, Maurice Musheke. Published in BMC Health Services Research 2015, 15:36.
- Improving Education Opportunity, Health, and Quality of Life of Orphans and Vulnerable Children: The Sustainable Action against HIV and AIDS in Communities (SAHACOM). Authors: Siyan Yi, Pheak Chhoun, Samantha Brant, Kelley Kita, Sovannary Tuot. Published in: International Journal of Tropical Disease & Health 2015; 5(1): 37-47.
- Treatment Adherence and Health Outcomes in MSM with HIV/AIDS: Patients Enrolled in "One-Stop" and Standard Care Clinics in Wuhan China. Authors: Zhou W, Zhao M, Wang X, Schilling RF, Zhou S, Qiu HY, Xie NH, Liu MQ, Dong HS, Yao ZZ, Cai T. Published in: PLoS One. 2014 Dec 1;9(12):e113736. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0113736. eCollection 2014.
- The sustainable action against HIV and AIDS in Communities (SAHACOM): Impacts on health and quality of life of people living with HIV in Cambodia. Authors: Siyan Yi, Pheak Chhoun, Samantha Brant, Kelley Kita, Samedy Suong, Kouland Thin, Sovannary Tuot. Published in: the Global Journal Of Medicine and Public Health, 2014; 3 (5): 1-11.
- Evaluating social outcomes of HIV/AIDS interventions: a critical assessment of contemporary indicator frameworks. Authors: Jenevieve Mannell, Flora Cornish, Jill Russell. Published in: The Journal of the International AIDS Society. 2014; 17(1): 19073.
- Intersectionality of HIV stigma and masculinity in eastern Uganda: implications for involving men in HIV programmes. Authors: Gitau Mburu, Mala Ram, Godfrey Siu, David Bitira, Morten Skovdal, Paula Holland. Published in: BMC Public Health. 2014 Oct 11;14:1061. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-1061.
- Factors Associated with Risky Sexual Behavior among Unmarried Most-at-Risk Young People in Cambodia. Authors: Siyan Yi, Sovannary Tuot, Kunthearith Yung, Sanh Kim, Chhorvann Chhea, Vonthanak Saphonn. Published in: American Journal of Public Health Research 2014; 2 (5): 211-220.
- Community and service provider views to inform the 2013 WHO consolidated antiretroviral guidelines: key findings and lessons learnt. Authors: Hsieh AC, Mburu G, Garner AB, Teltschik A, Ram M, Mallouris C, Penazzato M, Shaffer N, Easterbrook PJ, Ball A. Published in: AIDS. 2014 Mar;28 Suppl 2:S205-16. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000000251.
- Responding to adolescents living with HIV in Zambia: a social-ecological approach. Authors: G Mburu, M Ram, D Oxenham, C Haamujompa, K Iorpenda, L Ferguson. Published in: Children and Youth Services Review.doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2014.03.033
- The impact of Community Mobilisation on HIV Prevention in Middle and Low Income Countries: A Systematic Review and Critique. Authors: Cornish F, Priego-Hernández J, Campbell C, Mburu G, McLean S. Published in: AIDS and Behaviour, 2014 Mar 23. DOI 10.1007/s10461-014-0748-5
- Adolescent HIV disclosure in Zambia: barriers, facilitators and outcomes. Authors: Gitau Mburu, Ian Hodgson, Sam Kalibala, Choolwe Haamujompa, Fabian Cataldo, Elizabeth D Lowenthal and David Ross. Published in: Journal of the International AIDS Society 2014, 17:18866
- Community Systems Strengthening for HIV Care: Experiences from Uganda. Authors: Mburu G, Oxenham D, Hodgson I, Nakiyemba A, Seeley J, Bermejo A. Published in: Journal of Social Work in End-of-Life & Palliative Care, 2013 Dec 2; 9:343–368.
- Resisting and challenging stigma in Uganda: the role of support groups of people living with HIV. Authors: Mburu G, Ram M, Skovdal M, Bitira D, Hodgson I, Mwai G, Stegling C, Seeley, J. Published in Journal of International AIDS Society. 2013, Nov 13; 16(Suppl 2):18636 doi: 10.7448/IAS.16.3.18636
- Role and outcomes of community health workers in HIV care in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review. Authors: Mwai GW, Mburu G, Torpey K, Frost P, Ford N, Seeley J. Published in: Journal of International AIDS Society. 2013 Sep 10;16(1):18586.
- Barriers and facilitating factors to the uptake of antiretroviral drugs for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review. Authors: Gourlay A, Birdthistle I, Mburu G, Iorpenda K, Wringe A. Published in: Journal of International AIDS Society. 2013 Jul 19;16(1):18588.
- Rights-based services for adolescents living with HIV: adolescent self-efficacy and implications for health systems in Zambia. Authors: Mburu G, Hodgson I, Teltschik A, Ram M, Haamujompa C, Bajpai D, Mutali B.Published in: Reproductive Health Matters. 2013 May;21(41):176-85.
- Community collectivization and its association with consistent condom use and STI treatment-seeking behaviors among female sex workers and high-risk men who have sex with men/transgenders in Andhra Pradesh, India. Authors: Saggurti N, Mishra RM, Proddutoor L, Tucker S, Kovvali D, Parimi P, Wheeler T. Published in: AIDS Care. 2013;25 Suppl 1:S55-66.
- The Association between Noncommercial Partnerships and Risk of HIV among Female Sex Workers: Evidences from a Cross-Sectional Behavioral and Biological Survey in Southern India. Authors: Somanath RP, Mishra RM, Saggurti N, Parimi P. Published in: AIDS Res Treat. 2013;2013:108630. doi: 10.1155/2013/108630.
- Expanding the role of community mobilization to accelerate progress towards ending vertical transmission of HIV in Uganda: the Networks model. Authors: Mburu G, Iorpenda K, Muwanga F. Published in: Journal of International AIDS Society.. 2012 Jul 11;15 Suppl 2:17386.
- Understanding the linkages between informal and formal care for people living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa. Authors: Lees S, Kielmann K, Cataldo F, Gitau-Mburu D. Published in: Global Public Health. 2012;7(10):1109-19.
- Living as an adolescent with HIV in Zambia - lived experiences, sexual health and reproductive needs. Authors: Hodgson I, Ross J, Haamujompa C, Gitau-Mburu D. Published in: AIDS Care. 2012;24(10):1204-10.
- Only connect - the role of PLHIV group networks in increasing the effectiveness of Ugandan HIV services. Authors: Hodgson I, Nakiyemba A, Seeley J, Bitira D, Gitau-Mburu D. Published in: AIDS Care. 2012;24(11):1368-74.
- Mobilising community collectivisation among female sex workers to promote STI service utilisation from the government healthcare system in Andhra Pradesh, India. Authors: Parimi P, Mishra RM, Tucker S, Saggurti N. Published in: J Epidemiol Community Health. 2012 Oct;66 Suppl 2:ii62-68.
- Community advocacy groups as a means to address the social environment of female sex workers: a case study in Andhra Pradesh, India. Authors: Punyam S, Pullikalu RS, Mishra RM, Sandri P, Mutupuru BP, Kokku SB, Parimi P. Published in: J Epidemiol Community Health. 2012 Oct;66 Suppl 2:ii87-94.
- Costing human rights and community support interventions as a part of universal access to HIV treatment and care in a southern African setting. Authors: Jones L, Akugizibwe P, Clayton M, Amon JJ, Sabin ML, Bennett R, Stegling C, Baggaley R, Kahn JG, Holmes CB, Garg N, Obermeyer CM, Mack CD, Williams P, Smyth C, Vitoria M, Crowley S, Williams B, McClure C, Granich R, Hirnschall .Published in: Curr HIV Res. 2011 Sep;9(6):416-28.
- Tracking the rise of the "expert patient" in evolving paradigms of HIV care. Authors: Kielmann K, Cataldo F. Published in: AIDS Care. 2010;22 Suppl 1:21-8.